Monday, June 9, 2008

Polyvore

Hello, dear reader. See those little buttons to the right of this post? They link to my profile on my favorite website ever, Polyvore.com .

Why is it so wonderful? Well, I'll tell you.

When I online shop, I usually have a few carts going at once, and a lot of the time I want to see how all the pieces work together, and how they'll look as outfits. Polyvore makes this very easy. All you do is see something you like on a website, click "clip to Polyvore" and click on it. Then it's in your items, and you can use it to do the really great part of Polyvore. You can make outfits with all of them. It's so easy, you just drag and drop and adjust the images, and you can add in random pictures and stuff that you want to go with the clothes. My 7-year-old dreams of becoming a fashion designer are being reawakened. It's like glorified collage-making. But it's awesome. Here's an example of a casual outfit that I am now determined to wear this fall.



Simple, but colorful and soo cute. The red and the yellow are risky, but I think they could be pulled off.

and here's another for the cocktail parties at which I so frequently am a guest:




Nice, right? I may have a bit of a yellow sweater fetish, but the flats are gorgeous and I like the dress a lot (seriously, Forever 21 isn't all bad.)


I've also found some great stuff in other peoples' sets. You can search by item, main color, and popularity. Ahh what a great new way to waste my time on the internet. You should too! Click on the badge (because you know you heart Polyvore too) and jump on my bandwagon.

No comments: