Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Fruits of My Browsing

For the past month or so I've gone on something of a internet shopping frenzy, and I proudly present to you the crap that I deemed worthy of my cash.


1. Fred Flare Giant Headphones










Um, yes please.

2. Fred Flare "Ivy League" Weekender

I will never stop loving the whole collegiate look. I especially love it when it has a touch of 50's style in it (I mean, one could argue that the bag isn't 50's-ish, but I get that vibe from it.) Either way, I love this bag (and it comes with a detachable shoulder strap, so I think it would work as a functional book bag.) Plus, it would seriously be the most adorable effing thing ever when paired with these:

Seriously, I hate saying OMG, but this calls for it. So, OMG at these (Fred Flare, again) "Johnny" glasses.



3. Tolani Zigzag Scarf

Saw this on Jessica Alba, and already being in love with scarves (I literally own like, 14 pashminas,) I obviously needed to add some of these to my collection. I love the sort of rustic-y cabin in the woods look of these. Although I kind of try to avoid wearing big scarves with non-wintery clothes (I just think it looks kind of dumb, like wearing uggs with a skirt,) I may have to if I cant bear to wait for November to break my Tolanis out. Robin and Bright Blue are my favorite colors, and these ones are at Blue Heaven Boutique (which looks like a pretty crappy online store, but I'm just biased because of the layout. Shop Bop has spoiled me a bit.)














4. American Apparel Jersey Double Brested Cardigan


You know, I've tried really hard to hate American Apparel. I have tried to avoid wearing their clothes and browsing their web site and visiting their stores because of their stupid try-too-hardy way of being sexy, their ridiculous spandex unitards, Dov Charney and his mustache, and the fact that it is associated with the worst type of hipsters and unfunny ironic "80s Night" dances. But you know, they make a damn good t-shirt. And they have some other stuff that I just can't resist. Like this cardigan, which I love. So you know what, American Apparel? You can have your nipples peeking through mesh shirts, your male belly shirts, and your gold hotpants. I'll still love you at the end of the day when I'm wearing my well-fitting purple hoodie and my cute boy briefs.













5. rsvp "Herlene" Flats
Ok, may I just say that I do not endorse the name of these shoes. Seriously, rsvp, Herlene? That's the best you could come up with? Apparently. Now luckily, the shoe naming department over at rsvp isn't in charge of the shoe designing department, and the latter has managed to create this cute little flat. Although I could maybe do without the open toe, I love the jewel on the top, and the colors, and the leather, so this shoe is getting an A+ in my book. And it's only $80 at Zappos, which, while not exactly cheap, isn't bad as cute shoes go.

No comments: