Sunday, August 12, 2007

Harry Potter For the Lazy & Illiterate

Alright, so Harry Potter isn't exactly glamorous or stylish, but who doesn't love him? After reading the 7th book (which, if you haven't read it already, you should) I cried. Not so much because I was upset about the events of the book, but because I was sad that I would no longer enjoy the adventures of Ron, Hermione, and Harry. God I sound like such a fantasy-fiction dork. Don't worry, I don't like Lord of the Rings, and I've never seen Star Wars. But I've found a new way to enjoy J.K Rowling's work. Audiobooks! The books are read by this one british guy, Jim Dale. He's got a really soothing voice. I mainly listen to the audiobooks when I'm trying to fall asleep, and it works like a charm. You know how you would always fall asleep when your teacher would read to you in class? Well this is like that, but better, because I bet your teacher wasn't as badass as Jim Dale.
Each audiobook is around $40, which is a little expensive, but it's totally worth it. Also, when you inevitably fall asleep to Jim's dulcet tones, you can wake up in the middle of the night and hear that familiar accent talking about polyjuice potion.



How could you say no to that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.